Thursday, April 21, 2011

8 weeks, 8 screws, 1 plate and 1 surgery later

I realized the following:

1) I have an amazing wife.  She was so patient throughout this whole debacle.  For the first few weeks I was laid up, she did everything.  She was responsible for the cooking, cleaning, dog, laundry, shopping, etc.  She was simply amazing.  And I felt awful that she did everything.  Today, she stayed home sick and I feel terrible that she doesn't feel good.  I wanted to stay home and take care of her but I figured that I would just end up annoying her more than anything.  Not only did she take care of me but she also; worked out everyday, trained someone twice a week, helped plan a wedding shower and bachelorette party, and worked full time.  She is simply amazing and I feel like I don't tell her that enough.

2)  Dogs really are Man's Best Friend.  Peyton, my dog, absolutely loved the fact that I was home, on the couch, for 3 weeks.  He was by my side everyday, watching TV and taking naps.  He is a good friend.  I never thought I would like a little lap dog, but he is just so awesome that I can't help but love him.

3)  I miss running.  Yes, I said it.  I actually miss running.  Before I broke my leg, I was running on the treadmill a few times a week.  I bought new running shoes the week before I got hurt and they have sat in my room for 2 months now.  I never thought I would like running, at all.  I always saw running as a punishment, so I avoided it like the plague.  Now, I actually enjoy throwing a movie on and running for a little while.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not running marathons, but I have found that it breaks up the repetitiveness of weight training.  Soon enough, I will be back on.

4) I miss walking.  Em and I used to go on walks, almost every night, taking Peyton with us.  We used to go for short walks in the winter and longer walks in the summer.  Can't wait to do that again.  Em has expressed the same feeling!

I might realize more later, and I will post it when it happens....

No comments:

Post a Comment