Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What a great trip (Pun intended...)

Cuse 69/Nova 64....

What a great game.....what a great trip....

AJ and I traveled down to Philly a couple of weekends ago to watch Cuse play Nova on Big Monday on ESPN....We stayed with a buddy of mine for a couple of nights and had a blast.  The game was great.  Cuse lead most of the game and squeaked out a W with some clutch foul shooting and some big shots, even by Scoop Jardine, who I still dislike.  The best part about the game was watching Mike cringe as his alma mater lost another Big East game.  So much fun. 
Happy Cuse Fan
Sad Nova Fan!!!

So after the game, we all went out to a local place that was in the Philly sports complex to celebrate the victory.  That place was awesome.  And let me tell you, Cuse fans dominated it.  We were everywhere.  I got to chat with some guy that played cuse football with Donovan and Marvin Harrison, which was pretty cool.  Then the dance off started between Mike and Josh.  Best thing I have seen at the bar in a long time.  It was straight out of a movie.  The crowd circled around the two like it was "Step Up 4: The Battle for Big East Supremacy" with Josh repping Cuse and Mike repping Nova.  Cuse dominated that performance as well, considering Mike fell a few times, but you can't boo the effort.

Then the craziness started happening.  We left and tried finding a cab and it started snowing bad.  So we braved the weather and made our way to Chicken and Pete (or whatever it's called).  Cab company said it would take an hour due to the weather (grow up people).  Soooo we hoofed it to another place and I decided that waiting the hour would be fine.  Except I saw a cab coming down the road and decided to go out and get it. 

Oops...one little slip off the curb and broke my fibula and dislocated my ankle.  I mean really, it was sideways.  Like 90 degrees in the wrong direction. 

Yeah, my shin is straight in this pic, but as you can see, the foot is a little sideways. 

So after the doc reset the ankle and put a splint on, we went home.  AJ and I got up the next morning and went home and I scheduled an appointment to have an orthopedist look at my leg.

Surgery was the answer.  A plate and a couple of screws later and here I am.  Laid up for a couple of weeks before I get a walking boot and return to work.

What a great trip.  Would I do it again?  Without the broken leg I would in a heartbeat.   Still was a blast

2 comments:

  1. Wow you really know how to celebrate those wins! Keep rocking hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow dude! i was trying to come up with a snappy one liner...but i feel bad, soooo

    get well. if i can help in anyway, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete