Friday, January 28, 2011

Greatest Day....Part 2

After going to bed (I should say stupidly) at 3 am the night before my wedding, I ended up waking up at 7:30 the following morning, feeling a little anxious.  I left my room and walked around the hotel and ran into random family members that were waking up and getting breakfast.  "You have to be the calmest husband to be ever!" I kept hearing.

Little did they know that I could not shut my brain off.  I tried going back to bed for awhile, but that did not happen.  After breakfast, I walked around for awhile and then they guys and I went to a luxorious lunch (subway) because we didn't have a lot of time.

After lunch, it was off to the church.  The priest told us to be there at 1 for the ceremony at 2.  So of course, I was there by 10 after 1, pacing in the driveway, waiting for Timmy to show up (he stayed at the farm with the girls).  Once everyone was there, we made our way to the church to get our flowers and getting ready.  Sure enough, the priest was nowhere to be found.  Why ask me to be there by 1 if you aren't going to be there yourself?

Chris and I were hanging out in the back of the church waiting for the priest to show up until quarter til 2.  Finally, I asked Chris to go find him, because I didn't know if he forgot or if he was lost, or what.  Not to mention, family and friends were sitting in the dark because none of the church lights were on.  Chris was able to locate the priest, finally, and the moment neared closer.

When the ceremony started, I was extremely nervous.  Finally, I saw Emily coming down the aisle with her father.  She looking simply breathtaking.  That was the moment that everything washed away (the nerves, the anxiety, the worrying about money, etc) and I knew everything was going to be great.  She looked amazing. 

Throughout the ceremony, I would sneak these little glances at her because she just looked so beautiful.  Everything was great and the ceremony seemed to fly by.  I do remember during Communion, when the priest was about to serve Emily the wine, thinking "Don't spill it, Don't spill it".  I could just picture him slipping and the cup of wine going all over that beautiful dress.

Once the ceremony was over, Emily and I walked out of the church Mr. and Mrs. Laurin, with the crowd clapping the whole way.  High fives were exchanged amongst the bridal party and we finished our receiving line pretty quickly.

"Time to have some fun" we all agreed as we piled into the Hummer limo.

More to come....

1 comment:

  1. It was a beautiful wedding...can't wait for Part III!

    ReplyDelete