Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Bowl Thoughts

Ok, so the Super Bowl is over, meaning that football is over for the season.  Yes, wives, you get your husband's back for 7 more months, so update that Honey Do list.  But don't fret gentlemen, the Draft is in April...so stay tuned...

My thoughts on the Super Bowl.  And these are thoughts on the day, not just the game.

1)  The Steelers LOST!!!!  The last couple of years have been tough to watch, with my Colts losing last year and the Steelers winnning the year before.  I have come to realize that I truly dislike the Steelers.  There is just something about that team.  I can't tell if it is Roethlisberger or the fact that they always seem to be good, or the fact that they always manage to beat my Colts.  I was very happy after that 4th down incompletion yesterday.  With 2 minutes left, Roethlisberger is one of the best in the game, and all I could think was "Packers 31-Steelers 32".  They always seem to manage to pull out those games and that is what makes them a great team.  But not last night.  The Packers defense played great throughout the game, defining the old addage "Bend, Don't Break". Congrats to the Packers and Aaron Rodgers.  There is a 41 year old, bitter Brett Favre sitting in Mississippi cursing the Packers.  HAHA!

2)  I eat way to much food on Super Bowl Sunday.  We went to a friends house last night and the food was delicious, but MAN!  They had chips, dips, pizza, cookies, chili, veggies (thank goodness), cheese, crackers.  What a great spread, but wow, was I feeling a little tired and stuffed on the ride home last night.  They always say moderation is the key to healthy living, but Super Bowl Sunday defines glutony.  Maybe I am getting old, but I just can't eat like I used to.

3)  Speaking of getting old, I have come to realize that I may not be the most social Super Bowl Sunday person out there.  I think I would much rather sit in my own house and watch the game in my sweats with my dog.  Not that I didn't have fun last night at our friend's house, but driving home, I just kept thinking "Can't wait to get home".  The game is Sunday evening, lasts until at least 10 and you feel like you can't leave the TV just in case of a legendary commercial or some sort of wardrobe malfunction.  That's a lot of pressure.  You can't miss history.  Can you?  Also, I love my wife.  I love the fact that she puts in the effort to care about the Super Bowl, because she knows that she canNOT watch anything else on the TV with me in the room for those 4 hours.  Bless her heart, she fell asleep last night in the 4th quarter and woke up to see the Packers win and said "Oh they won, good for them!"  How great is she?  So, with that said, I may never leave my home again on Super Bowl Sunday.  Feel free to come over.  That is an open invitation.

So, that's what I think.....Go Colts, Go Bills

No comments:

Post a Comment